Aluminium window and door systems manufactured by Aliplast: Genesis 75, Star, Econoline, SP800i+, Max Light, EFi+, Office, fire protection systems FR65 and FR90, and curtain wall MC WALL have a silver Cradle to Cradle certificate.
Cradle to Cradle Certified™ is a globally recognized measure of safer and more sustainable solutions designed for the circular economy. Designers, manufacturers, and brands around the world rely on the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ product standard, which is a breakthrough path for designing and manufacturing materials having a positive impact on people and the planet. Cradle to Cradle Certified™ is also considered the preferred product standard when making responsible purchasing decisions.
Cradle to Cradle certification focuses on the environmental aspects of a product and its manufacturing process. The name 'cradle to cradle', means that the most important aspect is the recyclability of the product - this is the promotion of a closed-loop economy. Based on this concept, products are selected that are made of fully recyclable materials. Which in turn translates into optimized efficiency and care for the quality of life and the environment within a framework of sustainable development.
Certification can be awarded at five levels: Basic, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and as many as five quality categories are taken into account:
- healthy material: products are made of materials that are safe and healthy for people and the environment
- reuse of materials: products are designed so that all components can be safely reused
- renewable energy and carbon footprint: products are made with renewable, non-polluting energy
- water stewardship: products are manufactured with the aim of protecting and enhancing water resources
- social responsibility: products are made with social and environmental justice in mind
The certification attests that the manufacturer carries out real, concrete actions to care for the environment. Manufacturers who have received the certificate undertake to work on continuous product improvement in each of the evaluated aspects.
All Aliplast C2C certified solutions are available as standard at no extra cost, and it is safe to say that they meet the standards of the future.